Membership in UUMN is open to all who wish to support the mission of the organization.
The majority of our resources are for Music Staff in UU Congregations.
Membership implies acceptance of and adherence to UUMN
Membership applications received April through September expire June 30 of the following year. Applications received October through March expire the following Dec. 31.
All members enjoy the following benefits:
- The UUMN Newsletter and Newsblasts, NOTES, and GraceNotes, published several times a year
- Eligibility to attend the UUMN annual summer conference
- Good Offices Program for personnel or professional problems related to work.
- The support and encouragement of a six hundred plus strong body of UU musicians and music supporters who work together to promote the values and invigorate the mission and ministry of music in our congregations
- Lists and catalogs of music resources, music by UU composers, and Network publications, including choral music, music for children and youth, and hymns and songs for services and gathering
- District liaisons who stimulate district activities and direct members to resources and other musicians
- Subscription to UUMN-L, an electronic discussion list for sharing general information and ideas or posing questions
- Organizational voting rights
- Access to Music Leadership Certification Program of the UUA
In addition Regular Membership benefits include:
- Subscription to UUMN-Pro , an electronic discussion list for airing confidential matters related to one’s church staff position
Membership Types - please choose between Regular and Supporting
If one qualifies as a regular member one must join as such.
Regular I, II, III or IV Member - Church Music Staff (compensated or not)
(May include but not limited to Music Director, Adult Choir Director, Children’s/Youth Choir Director, Handbell/Chimes Director, Other Ensemble Director, Music Coordinator, Organist, Pianist, Accompanist). Fee based on certified church membership. Church membership for U.S. congregations can be found on the UUA online directory. Church membership for Canadian congregations can be found on the current Canadian Church Lookup. Congregations are encouraged to provide membership in UUMN as a benefit and a requirement of the position.
|Regular I||$80||Churches fewer than 150 members|
|Regular II||$90||Churches with 150–299 members|
|Regular III||$100||Churches with 300–499 members|
|Regular IV||$110||Churches with 500 or more members|
Regular Membership is transferable within congregation.
(May include but not limited to Choir Member, Section Leader, Music/ Worship Committee, Soloist, Troubadour, Composer/Arranger/Lyricist, Retired Music Staff, Minister/Clergy, DRE or equivalent, Church Member benefit of the position.
Supporting Membership is not transferable.