- Does UUMN provide salary guidelines for church music staff?
UUMN endorses the UUA Salary and Fair Compensation for Congregational Staff recommendations.
- Our Music Director just resigned and we'd like some guidance as we begin the search process.
UUMN offers "Making Music in Our Congregations - A Handbook for Staffing A Music Program in UU Congregations", available as a free download or one free hard copy to each UUMN member, all others $5@. For ordering information contact UUMN Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org). You may also post the job opening on the UUMN web site.
- I am a newly hired Music Director in a UU congregation and though I have musical experience I know nothing about Unitarian Universalism
UUMN has District liaisons who can offer resources and information. Make every effort to attend the annual UUMN summer conference.
- Our Minister and Choir Director do not see eye to eye. We've tried to solve the problem ourselves but with no success. Where do we go from here?
The "Good Offices" program of the UUMN offers experienced church musicians who have undergone professional training to assist in such situations. Click here for more information and a list of Good Officers. The best time to look contact a Good Officer is at the onset of an issue.
- Where can I find choral music suitable for UU choirs?
As part of the annual UUMN summer conference each participant receives a packet of 30 to 40 recommended choral pieces of varying degrees of difficulty. Daily sessions offer the opportunity to read through each piece of music and order or purchase those of your choosing. Lists of choral repertoire from past conferences are on the member portion of our web site (click here to log on).
- Copyright questions?
The UUMN issues the following statement: The UUMN affirms the policy that it is illegal to copy any music in order to avoid purchase. For more info on copyright issues see: http://www.uumn.org/educate/copyright-tips